RESEARCH DEPT: The Facility/Lab Manager will lead the management of space and equipment/furniture purchasing, receiving, set-up and maintenance. He/She will be responsible for facility and environmental safety functions, facility security as well as general lab operation logistics management. The Manager will interact with scientists on a regular basis to support scientific projects and company operating compliances. He/She will be the contact person for vendors, maintenance and janitorial contractors as well as site inspectors. Compensation and title will be commensurate with experience level.
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Parvus Therapeutics is pioneering a breakthrough class of disease-specific, non-immunosuppressive biologics called NavacimsTM that are designed to halt and potentially cure autoimmune disease and other inflammatory disorders by restoring immune tolerance. The Navacim technology platform is generating a rich pipeline of therapeutic candidates to address a wide range of inflammatory diseases. Our most advanced programs target Type 1 Diabetes (T1D) (partnered with Novartis) and autoimmune liver diseases. POC and efficacy in animals has been established not only for these two programs but also for multiple sclerosis (MS) and inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
Drug candidates have also been identified for celiac disease with others in earlier stages of research. Parvus recently announced that it had entered into a worldwide collaboration and license agreement with Genentech covering three of these programs: autoimmune liver, IBD, and celiac. In support of our new partnership, Parvus is expanding rapidly to on-board the additional resources necessary to advance these programs to the clinic.
The Parvus management team combines decades of experience in start-ups and biopharma, with demonstrated success in commercializing drugs from the lab to the market. We are seeking extraordinary and ambitious individuals who share our drive and desire to transform medicine.
- Purchasing and receiving equipment and consumables
- Planning and scheduling maintenance, repairs and modifications of equipment and furniture
- Assisting in establishing equipment preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance.
- Overseeing contractors/vendors delivery and work at the facility
- Ensuring compliance with state, local and company policies, rules and regulations relating to safety, security and environmental protection
- Establishing, updating and maintenance of employee and environmental safety programs and training
- Establishing master files of record keeping relating to equipment, consumables, safety training
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- A high School Degree, General Education Degree or higher
- A minimum of 5 years previous experience as Facility Manager in the biotech/Pharma industry.
- Hands-on self-starter with excellent technical and communication skills
- Knowledge of Biotech employee and environmental safety guidelines
- Computer/IT literacy including Excel-based database/Master file set-up and maintenance
- Able to work in a fast-pace environment and adapt to changes under short notice with a proactive and collaborative attitude
- Behaves professionally and tactfully
Parvus Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Parvus is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
(Req # 1100-51)
No relocation available-local candidates only