Research Associate/Senior Research Associate– Assay Development
RESEARCH DEPT: We are seeking a Research Associates/Senior Research Associates with expertise in assay development to join Parvus Immunology Research Group to conduct experiments enabling the development of Navacims towards clinical evaluation as well as research and discovery effort fostering Parvus product pipeline growth. Compensation and title will be commensurate with experience level.
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Parvus Therapeutics is pioneering a breakthrough class of disease-specific, non-immunosuppressive biologics called NavacimsTM that are designed to halt and potentially cure autoimmune disease and other inflammatory disorders by restoring immune tolerance. The Navacim technology platform is generating a rich pipeline of therapeutic candidates to address a wide range of inflammatory diseases. Our most advanced programs target Type 1 Diabetes (T1D) (partnered with Novartis) and autoimmune liver diseases. POC and efficacy in animals has been established not only for these two programs but also for multiple sclerosis (MS) and inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
Drug candidates have also been identified for celiac disease with others in earlier stages of research. Parvus recently announced that it had entered into a worldwide collaboration and license agreement with Genentech covering three of these programs: autoimmune liver, IBD, and celiac. In support of our new partnership, Parvus is expanding rapidly to on-board the additional resources necessary to advance these programs to the clinic.
The Parvus management team combines decades of experience in start-ups and biopharma, with demonstrated success in commercializing drugs from the lab to the market. We are seeking extraordinary and ambitious individuals who share our drive and desire to transform medicine.
- Conduct cell-based and ELISA assay development
- Contribute proactively to cross functional activities across Research groups and with other departments as needed.
- Document experiments/write study reports according to company protocols
- Present data at internal meetings
- Participate to all aspect of laboratory operation and organization
- Comply to employees and environmental safety company guidelines
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- A BA/BS/Master degree in life sciences or equivalent with at least 2 years (6 years for Sr Associates) relevant experience in assay development in a Biotech/Pharma environment.
- Hands-on experience with development of cell-based potency bioassay (reporter gene) and variety of plate-based assays (ELISA, TR-FRET, Alpha assay etc.). Additional experience with assay qualification/validation and transfer to CRO/CMO will be ideal
- Direct experience with bioanalytical assay development and/or generation of cell lines for bioassay highly desirable
- Independently troubleshoot data and propose novel approaches or corrective experimental designs
- Creative while performing in a collaborative manner according to corporate objectives
- Hands-on self-starter with excellent technical and communication skills
- Organized and detail oriented, possessing excellent record-keeping skills
- Able to work in a fast-pace environment and adapt to changes under short notice with a proactive and collaborative attitude
- Behaves professionally and tactfully
Parvus Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Parvus is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
(Req # 1100-55)
No relocation available-local candidates only